Re: Laptop for Linux Debian

David M <davidm@harmonic.gse.rmit.EDU.AU> writes:

> Hello guys!
>
> If one were to buy a laptop these days what would be a good brand that is
> widely supported by Linux (Debian)?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dave

I've installed Debian on both a Toshiba Satellite 220CDS, and a
Toshiba Tecra 740CDT.  The 740CDT has an LCD that will do 1024x768
with XFree86, BTW - it's gorgeous.  The 220 CDS will to 800x600, but
since it's dual scan, it's not NEARLY as pretty.

As someone else mentioned, I had to install off of CD in order to get
PCMCIA support, to get network support.  But the CD only cost $10, or
whatever, so it's not too big of a deal in my mind.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |