chat problem

I had ppp and chat working under my last distribution (slackware) but I
have a hitch going here that I can't seem to resolve.  I am thinking it
might have something to with the script arrangement Debian uses, which is
a little different.  Here is my /etc/ppp.chatscript:

ABORT        BUSY
ABORT        "NO CARRIER"
ABORT        VOICE
ABORT        "NO DIALTONE"
""           ATDT4740771
CONNECT      ''
sername      fsblk
word         'fsblk!'
UAF-DU-02    "c ppp"

When I watch the progress of the script (with minicom) it hangs after
CONNECT.  I have tried responding with '\n' and '\r'.  The script did not
come with the CONNECT line but it didn't work then either.  Any

I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield