Re: ncurses problem?

Erik Andersen writes:
> I have found that with the newest rxvt (released within the last week I
> believe) it also messes up mutt, sets TERM to rxvt (which seems to break
> a few things that don't know about TERM=rxvt, and also messes up the
> screen for the kernel's menuconfig.  Oh, and backspace no longer does
> a ^H for some reason.

I had no problems with rxvt until I installed the new ncurses-base package.
This obviously has a different rxvt
terminfo file cause it doesn't display properly. Ncftp is a good test
TERM=rxvt and it's all messed up. TERM=vt100 it's fine.

Install the old ncurses-base package and it's fine
with TERM=rxvt.

excuse my horribly formated email, typing over a very slow
link.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au