Re: WAVE

>                       I am interested in first hand experiences.
> Installing the modem, how it works, how it works with Linux, etc.

No first hand experience.  Looks like Ethernet on cable.  Our local
cable TV service has been offering Internet service on the same cable
for nearly 2 years.

They basically provide a little coverter box inti which you plug the
cable, and out of which comes an Ethernet cable and connector.  You add
a generic Ethernet card to your PC and plug it it.  Voilà, instant
24 hour-a-day connection just like at the office.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada