Re: WAVE

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Doctor Sanity wrote:

> Hello Debians,
>
>         I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me any information
> regarding the WAVE service that is being advertised by Roger.  I've read a
> while back about several people who were on the list, and I was wondering if
> they could tell me their experience and impressions about it.
>
>         Please don't just tell me to look at the website
> (http://www.wave.ca).  I am interested in first hand experiences.
> Installing the modem, how it works, how it works with Linux, etc.

I never had the experience of installing the hardware as I recently put
debian on a win95 machine that already used the WAVE. Anyway, install the
debian dhcpcd package (the client - the server is dhcpd) and whammo. It
figured everything out and I was connected. Incredible speed compared to a
phone line (although the incoming speed is much faster than the outgoing).
I really don't what else to say - I had no problems with it. Credit should
be given to the dhcpcd maintainer. Cheers.

--
	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
	    School of Policy Studies Building, Queen's University