Re: Q: fwtk & squid

Thomas Baetzler wrote:

> Varga R. Tamas wrote:
> > What I would like to achieve is that the client from the private network
> > goes through the firewall and after that reaches the proxy cache.
>
> If the squid is on a machine
> outside the secure perimeter, you should use a plug-gw on the
> firewall to pass proxy requests through the firewall to squid.

I tried this, but then I miss the logging feature of http-gw. plug-gw
logs only the client and no service (http) specific info. Squid logs all
that is needed, but as the the request comes from plug-gw all clients
seem to come from the same address, namely the firewall. I do not really
want to put a proxy on the firewall, but I think this is what will
happen.

I have another question regarding fwtk and mail service I will post
after this.

Thank you for your help.

--
Bye,

 : Varga R. Tamas  <tvarga@diablo.datanet.hu>
 : PGP fingerprint =  2C 50 14 B7 E5 5C 05 27  88 4C DD E4 08 74 3B A6