Mitsumi Cdrom

Running a 486/66/424/20 nothing but Linux.  Using a Mitsumi 2x cdrom
connected to an Aztec 8 bit sound card. It is a propriatary driver. The
setup seems to recognize it with a boot parameter entered because of the
IO and IRQ ( linux mcdx=0x320, 11). After getting the base system loaded
: Resq disk, 1440-1 thru 4, 1440-driver binary, and then using the AE
editor to edit the lilo.conf with the append = "mcdx-0x320, 11".  When
going thru all the boot stuff I see the Mitsumi come up ok but then I
cannot find it anywhere to mount.  It is not listed under /dev nor is it
listed in the /etc/fstab file.  I tried mounting hdd and hddb but that
doesnt work probably because it is not really an IDE drive. Any
suggestions out there?  I need to get it running for my UNIX class here
in Arizona as this is the system the college uses.
Thanks,
Steve Immel