Re: Default caching bind config very slow??

Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

:  I do not have any of these problems with who, but I notice
: one of my own.  "w" and "who" give different answers.

Well, I do not know exactly what you mean with "different answers" but
w and who are different programs:

zeus:~$ whatis who
who (1)              - show who is logged on
zeus:~$ whatis w
w (1)                - Show who is logged on and what they are doing.

About the wrong entries, what are they?

After taking a brief look at the who code, I think the problem is
that who is trying to canonify the host name so I guess that's the
reason for the extra time. This shuold be new as I didn't see this
before.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris