Re: [DEBIAN] Standardization?

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
> We would not "scrap" the package system, but I expect between Deity
> and POSIX we will eventually replace all of its components.

Just out of curiosity, why hasn't anyone in the linux
community adopted the established sysv pkgadd format?  It
has a lot of things we have -- including dependencies and
extra meta-info, etc.  Oh well.

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto