Re: New Install - CDROM not a block device?

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Will Lowe wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Alan Jacobs wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >  I've just installed 1.3.1 but am unable to access the CDrom. Debian says that
> > the CDROM is not a Block device.
> > What do I have to do to get the CD Rom recognised?
> >
> Are you sure you're mounting it as the right filesystem type?  Should be
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /(place to mount,  likely /cdrom or /mnt)
>
>                      					Will

I have seen this before but I will be darned if I can remember exactly
what the problem was.  I DO remember that it was something extremely
trivial like bad CDROM media (try a different disk in the drive) or
a cable not installed properly or the drive type set wrong in the BIOS
(best to tell the bios that there is no drive there).

George Bonser

Tommy Lasorda for baseball commissioner!