Re: Off-line news spool?

>> Now that I'm switching to Debian, I may give it another try. And I've
>> been reading about leafnode, which (if I understand right) would serve
>> the same purpose as INN. Is this correct?
>
>Actually, I might suggest newsx over leafnode. It provides a tiny nntpd
>(atually nnrpd) for readers to connect to.

Ohh... and here I was about to suggest nntpcache (unfortunately there is no
debian package for it but it's easy to compile and install).  We've been
using nntpcache here for about a year and are quite happy with it.  The
latest version (1.0.7.1) is also heaps nicer.

What's newsx like?  And how are you getting it to do UUCP?

Adam.

-------------- Earthlight Communications Limited -------------
P.O. Box 5301	            Adam Shand      (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand   Systems Manager  (voice) +64 3 479 0303
--------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz/ ---------------