Off-line news spool?

Hi,

A few months ago, I started looking into setting an off-line news spool
on my (Slakware) machine. I read all the documentation for INN, and I
think I finally understood how to use it (after a LONG while). In the
end, I never implemented the thing for lack of time.

Now that I'm switching to Debian, I may give it another try. And I've
been reading about leafnode, which (if I understand right) would serve
the same purpose as INN. Is this correct? If so, what are the
advantages of leafnode over INN? Is it any easier to set up and
maintain? Can I read and post off-line, and have leafnode send/receive
news the next time I connect to my ISP? Would I need any special
support or permissions with my ISP to use leafnode? Any pointers to
TFMs, FAQs, etc.? Thanks in advance.

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm G.
gonzo@ing.puc.cl