sendmail v/s smail

Hello,

>From the discussions on this list (I still haven't got my Debian CD),
I gather smail is by default installed as the mail system for Debian;
even if this is not the case, I have the following question: I'm now
using (Slakware and) sendmail, and it works OK, though I'll be damned
if I ever understand the sendmail.cf file. Is smail any better? What
are the strengths and weaknesses of each package? Why would I switch
from sendmail to smail?

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm G.
gonzo@ing.puc.cl