Re: Running GIMP as a user

Hi,

On 08-Aug-97 Will Lowe wrote:
     On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Michael Stutz wrote:

     > Certain X apps like GIMP only seem to like being run as root (in this
     case I
     > can run GIMP as a user but I cannot open any files, nor can I perform
     > editing tasks on a new one).
     >
     > What is the reasoning behind this? Also, is there a way to change this
     so
     > that I can run this software as a user?

     I seem to recall having some trouble till I played around with the gimprc
     files. I compiled the source tho rather than downloading the package.

Before you run new gimp-0.99.10, you should delete ~/.gimp which contain
gimprc in it. Make sure you don't have anything in ~/.gimp first.:)
When you run gimp for the first time as any user, gimp will create new ~/.gimp
with .gimprc in it. I'm running debian gimp-0.99.10 just fine.:)

        Cheers,
        David