Re: [DPKG] how to change a package which is depended upon?

"Magossa'nyi A'rpa'd" <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> writes:

> When I want to install qmail, dpkg says that I can't do that because
> sendmail is already installed as a MTA. If I want to uninstall sendmail,
> then it refuses because a lot of package depends on MTA. I've tried
> --auto-deconfigure, but seems not to have any effect.

Try selecting sendmail for remove or purge in dselect.  Something like
dpkg -i -B qmail* worked for me.

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"[UNIX] appears to have the inside track on being the replacement for
  CP/M on the largest microcomputers (e.g. those based on 68000...)"