Threads information, book recommendation.

On Aug  6, 1997, at 23:19, David B. Teague wrote:
 > Would someone please recommend a book on threads programming?

Two recommendations, both pertaining POSIX Threads (1003.c):

  "Programming with Threads"
  Steve Kleiman, Devang Shah, Bart Smaalders
  SunSoft Press, 1996   [I know, Sun, but it does cover Pthreads]
  ISBN 0-13-172389-8

  "Pthreads Programming"  [The `caterpillar' book]
  Bradford Nichols, Dick Buttlar, Jacqueline Proulx Farrell
  O'Reilly & Associates, 1996
  ISBN 1-56592-115-1

Try http://www.serpentine.com/~bos/threads-faq/

 > --David
 > spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Chinese
 > business RNC DNC Bosnia clipper data encryption munitions Serbian
 > hydrazine urea nitric acid amonium nitrate  fuel oil

ROTFL

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm G.
gonzo@ing.puc.cl