device access/makedev.cfg

I want all the users in the floppy group to be able to mount floppies and
same for the cdrom group.  I tried using the ch* commands and they had no
effect.  Changing the 'user' flag in /etc/fstab allowed all users access.

Then when I was looking through the /etc directory I found a file called
'makedev.cfg' which has access specifications for many devices.  I
probably need to make new devices after changing this file right?  How do
I do it?

-Paul