Re: Minimizing Mail Packages?

Victor Torrico wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> "Connected intermittantly to internet using PPP to an ISP who uses POP3 for mail.  I am attempting to minimize the number of packages needed to run mail.  It seems there are many mail packages but not a great deal of information on their interrelationships."

Many thanks to Adrian, Buddha, Dima and Igor for their kind help. I
appreciate it.

Yes Igor, I turned off html in my outgoing mail.  Please advise if there
are still problems.

Found a POP3 X package which does everything that I need.  It's called
XCmail and is available from sunsite under the file name
XCmail-0.9-Linux-bin.tar.gz.  What I like is that it has all mail
functions in one package and does not need auxiliary packages.  It's
currently in beta but seems stable.

Regards,

Victor