Re: gzipped fonts..

Hello!

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 Richard.Dansereau@EE.UManitoba.CA wrote:
> I noticed that the majority of the X-windows fonts are gzipped.
> Has this always been the case?    [...]

gzipped fonts support was added in XFree86 3.3.  XFree86 (<= 3.2) could
not handle gzipped fonts.  I don't know about other commercial X-servers
though.  ^_^  I wonder if the gzipped font support is from XFree86 only or
from X11R6.3?  :)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca