gzipped fonts..

Hello all!

I noticed that the majority of the X-windows fonts are gzipped.
Has this always been the case?  I'd imagine that xfree86 supports
this.. but, some of the other "commercial" X-window servers may
not.  Should there be some configuration option during installation
for choosing between gzipped and non-gzipped fonts?

Richard..