Re: naming convention question

On Jul 23, jghasler@win.bright.net wrote
> I thought that the name of the current "product" was Debian 1.31.

No. The name of the current product is bo. It is also known as Debian
1.3.1 (there is no such thing as Debian 1.31).  It's like my name is
Antti-Juhani, but some people have the (irritating) habit of calling
me "young man".

> To repeat my previous proposal, call it "unreleased-2.0" or something
> similar which makes it clear that you shouldn't mess with this unless you
> know what you are doing.  When it is released, just add the symlinks as you
> would if it was called "woody".  Nothing will be harmed if the name
> "unreleased-2.0" is allowed to hang around.  Those in the know will
> understand that it is vestigial, while those who are not will have no
> reason to touch it.

Can't you see? If stable pointed to unreleased, it would make people
confused. They would probably think that the Debian ftp site is
screwed.  They would go, never to return. I know I would.

	Antti-Juhani

--
		That is the true beginning of our end.
		       ... All for your delight