bo and pcmcia installation...

I'm trying to load 1.3.0 on a notebook.  I made the boot, driver, and 5
base diskettes.  I also made a couple of ext2fs diskettes that had
pcmcia-cs_2.9.5-3, pcmcia-modules-2.0.30, and the 2.0.30 kernel-image.

I didn't dslect, or course, since my source was unavailable (was going to
NFS mount the CD like I did when I had rex on this notebook).

I boot from the 2.0.30 kernel just fine, and don't get any module problems
when I depmod -a either.

However, when the /etc/init.d/pcmcia script starts, the card & socket
services start up fine, until it inserts the module for my ethernet card,
a 3c589.  I get complaints about 8 symbols that are unresolved. They are:

netif_rx_R9117ffb8
dev_alloc_skb_R24e337ab
ether_setup...
eth_type_trans...
dev_kfree_skb...
dev_tint..
unregister_netdev...
register_netdev...

Yet, all of these symbols appear in /System.map, which does point to
/boot/System.map-2.0.30, to match /vmlinuz -> /boot/vmlinuz-2.0.30.

anyone seen this, overcome it, or what?

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom