Compiling the Kernel

Hello,
	I had problems while compiled the kernel.
	First I didn't have anything in my "/usr/src" directory, so I got the
"linux-2.0.29.tar.gz" file, that's my installed version, apply "tar -xzvf"
and got a directory tree "/usr/src/linux/*".
	So, I did "make config", everything's fine.
	Finally, when I made "make dep", an error occourred, it didn't find
several files (includes) like stdio.h,stdlib.h. Well, I don't have those
files on my system, and guess there's some pratical way to install it on.
	Please, help me.
Best Regards
Bruno
Bruno Simoes