Re: 3Com Fast Etherlink XL

Hello again,

I am still somewhat confused on how I actually go about installing the
3c90x.c driver...  I would appreciate some help/tips or alternatively,
pointers to FAQs etc where I can find more info regarding this.

I have just installed Debian 1.3.  I got the Rescue and Device driver's
diskettes setup as well as the base1 to base5 diskettes.  I successfully
installed Debian but when I tried to specify an FTP access to load the
Debian packages I wasn't able to do so as the netwarok card is not
working.

Jim as kindly suggested I get a driver update (which I have done) but I
am unable to find the directories he mentions in my system (see below)
and hence I am lost on how, under the circumstances, I go about (1) making
the necessary changes to the kernel, or (2) obtain the appropriate
updated net module for the new driver.

If you require more information please let me know.  I am keen to have the
system going and would really appreciate some help. :-) I need the network
card to work as I cannot install anything else unless I get ftp to work
(obviously any Linux without a functional network card is not much fun :-)
).

Cheers,

Dave