Re: 3Com Fast Etherlink XL

Dear Jim,

Thanks alot for your help.  I just have another question... when I was
installing Debian (latest version 1.3) I did noticed that they do have a
module (NET) that supports 3C59x.  Since this is a recent release of
Debian why isn't there a more recent copy of the driver made available in
the URL you gave me?  Why wasn't this included in the new debian device
diskette?  It appears to be using a x/x/96 driver instead (Debian 1.3)?
Well just curious... :)

I have already downloaded the new 3c59x.c driver and it does have a much
more recent date (x/x/97) :-)

FYI this was the message that garbled my screen after I selected eth0 as
the primary connection (before applying any patches to the kernel):

eth0: Media selection timer tick happened, MII.
eth0: Media MII is has no indication, 8802.
eth0: Media selection timer finished, MII.

I will give it a try now.  Hope it all works out ok :)

Best wishes!

Dave