re: General Install Question

> I have not received my CD I ordered yet so I do not have the docs yet.
> I would like some suggestions.  I plan to install debian 1.3.1 on my
> second IDE drive.  Win '95 is on my first formatted FAT32.  I have to
> keep the Win '95 because my family shares my machine.  What is the
> easiest way to give me the option of going to Linux during boot without
> easily giving my less than competent family easy access or confusing
> them with choices.

I'm in the same predicament. I use Boot menu, which I acutally got off the
FreeBSD distribution. It allows you to boot from the second disk, which is
something lilo doesn't allow you to. To boot using Loadlin, you need to
use the menu function of dos 7 or use a batch file. Boot menu is easier.

I think you can get it off sunsite in the systems directory somewhere.
There are others, but this is the easier. Almost painless actually, and
you don't have to reconfigure it when you change partitions.

BG