Re: dselect through a firewall?

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Christopher Ray Martin wrote:

> I'm trying to get my girlfriend's Debian machine updated to 1.3 but so far
> its been a real pain because she is behind a corporate firewall and I have
> to manually ftp the files. Is there any way to configure deselect to go
> through the firewall?
>
> in case this helps, netscape is setup for proxy like:
>
> gate.machine  port 80
>
> and you can ftp using
>
> ftp@gate
>
> and then when it asks for username you type
>
> anonymous@ftp.debian.org

This seems like a proxy type firewall of the TIS-fwtk/gauntlet variety.
When I was using that firewall.  I set up the machine I was ftp'ing to in
dselect as the firewall.  I set the username to anonymous@ftp.debian.org,
and the password as spotter@......  You then set up the directories as
normal.

Did this make sense, sorry I'm in a rush.

Shaya