dselect through a firewall?

I'm trying to get my girlfriend's Debian machine updated to 1.3 but so far
its been a real pain because she is behind a corporate firewall and I have
to manually ftp the files. Is there any way to configure deselect to go
through the firewall?

in case this helps, netscape is setup for proxy like:

gate.machine  port 80

and you can ftp using

ftp@gate

and then when it asks for username you type

anonymous@ftp.debian.org

she doesn't have "direct" access to any outside machine.

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
chris.

Chris R. Martin         email: crmartin@tamu.edu
Computer Engineering    web: http://http.tamu.edu/~crm7479/
Texas A&M University    "... I'm a 21st century digital boy, I don't know
                         how to read but I've got a lot of toys."
                                      -- Bad Relgion