md5sum failure update

Thanks to those who wrote.
The suggestion was that I had ftp set to ascii mode but was not the case.
My ftp program is fairly reliable in auto mode and the files were all the
correct size.
What I have since done is add the -b (binary mode) switch in running
md5sum.exe instead of blindly following the instructions with only the -cv
switches set. With -b set I receive an OK for all 85 files. Now once I
figure out how to concatenate these files with whatever is in my NT box,
and write a CD, I may be on my way to more wonderful Linux thrills.

Chris