Re: nobody is running find at too high a priority

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Randy Edwards wrote:

>    However, I think it could be worked better (read: without mentioning
> Win95) than your suggestion...  :-)

Why? Think of it this way, linux is so darned configurable that it can be
made to act like nearly anything.  Since the consumer internet service
providers bent over backwards to serve Win95, why not use that as
leverage. They go to all that trouble and expense to service Windows and
we simply hop on for the ride.  The message to the ISP's is "Linux is no
more difficult to support than Win95".  Then the ISP can say "Cool, we
work with Linux!".  Shoot, we can even make a simply tk front end that
looks JUST like DUN if we wanted to and the customer support tech at the
ISP can use the SAME scripts they use with Win95 to talk a newbie through
configuration,

In other words, make Win95 look like it caused the ISP to lay out a lot in
equipment, software, and training and Debian can just go right along for
the ride .... for free.

George Bonser
If I was in charge of the world, things would be a lot better (for me).