colors with xterm and ncurses

Xfree: 3.3-3
ncurses-base: 1.9.9g-2

Before upgrade ncurses-base, I had TERM=xterm-color and all text
softwares (ncurses or slang) run well with colors into a xterm.

After this upgrade, I don't have colors with ncurses softwares like
dselect into a xterm. For Slang softwares, I export COLORTERM but
is there a tip for ncurses softwares?

The upgrade delete xterm-color into the terminfo database.

And the lines:
#ifdef COLOR
*customization: -color
#endif
into .Xresources don't help me to solve this problem.

--
   David Rocher, rocher@mail.dotmail.fr
   ANRTT / CULT, http://excalibur.inp-fc.fr/anrtt/