Re: Putting /var, /tmp and /home in one partition

> I've partitioned my disk roughly so:
>
>         /       32MB
>         swap
>         /usr    500MB
>         /yak    1.5GB
>
> with the intention of putting /var, /tmp and /home together in /yak.
> When I had initialised and mounted /yak in the installation program,
> I switched to console 2 and typed:
>
>         mkdir /target/yak/var
>         ln -s ../yak/var /target/var

Here is the problem, symlinks must be _relative_ to work.

You must have done:

mkdir /target/yak/var
cd /target
ln -s yak/var var

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_
 |    \ __/   <--   | Alexander Yukhimets   aqy6633@is5.nyu.edu |
 |        |         |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |
   |  (___)                            ooO Ooo
    \___)