Re: dpkg errors

Joe Lillibridge wrote:

> I've been getting this message everytime I install something with dpkg:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LANG = "us"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>
> This is a bit annoying, but doesn't seem to affect installs.  How can
> I get rid of this message?
>
> thanks,
> joe

   If you have installed StarOffice you can comment out the LANG evironmental
variable in the .sd.sh file of your home directory and any other user
directories which had Star Office installed.  This fixed it for me.  Why?  I did
not investigate furthur.  It has something to do with setting up locales.

Now if some kind soul would reply to my "xemacs20 crashes" message on this list
I would be most grateful.

Cheers,

Victor