Re: XF86 3.3-3

Christopher Jason Morrone <cmorrone@UDel.Edu> writes:

> I've seen other messages about XF86 3.3 not working.  I am also
> experiencing problems.  I upgraded from 3.2 using the 3.3-3 packages, and
> now when I try to startx, the screen flickers and goes black, and the
> keyboard locks up.  Nothing else.

Similar problem here, except that the keyboard doesn't lock up.  The
problem occurs when either the VGA16 or S3 server is launched -- the
screen immediately goes into power saving mode.  I can kill it with
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, but there's nothing in the log that looks
suspicious.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
The relevant card in this case is a Powergraph 64 (i.e. Trio64+).

[Mark: I'm cc-ing this to Mark in case you don't get the time to wade
through debian-user]

Thanks
--
Rob