Re: Kernel Question

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Kevin J Poorman wrote:

> Hi.
>
> questions, questions ....
>
> How will I know if my kernel is to big for a zImage?
>
> Reason for asking ....
>
> I can't get my kernel to compile at all and when I try to compile useing
> "make zImage" I get the following message, about 3 minutes into compile.:

[...]

By any chance were you compiling in an X Window?  Recently, when I
recompiled my kernel I got all sorts of weird errors like this in an rxvt.
But when I tried again from the console, everything was fine.  Don't ask
me why.  Try it and see if it makes a difference.  If not, you probably
have hardware problems as was suggested.

-- Jaldhar