Re: Security hole in Debian's /bin/false?

>> I don't know about other Unices but at least IRIX has it's /bin/true and
>> /bin/false set to shell scripts as well. It seems that Debian's no worse
>> off than SGIs and other Linux distributions at least.
>
>If there exists at least ONE really insecure Unix, it is called IRIX. There's
>nothing in the line of IRIX so don't be surprised.

/bin/true and /bin/false are also shell scripts on solaris. they are
not on digital unix and aix. it looks like it is a system v thing. so
there. as for irix being insecure, it is a function of the system
administrator (sgi is pretty good at releasing patches).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |