Re: Can't open ./install.sh from rescue disk

Igor Grobman wrote:
> I was hit by this problem once.  What happens is the system reads the floppy
> drive (you see the light come on) and at the same time displays this message.
> If you hit enter before the light comes off, the drive would be unreadable,
> hence the error message.  Try waiting before the light on the floppy drive
> turns off.
>
> This only happens on some boxes, it looks like.
>
> --
> Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
> Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org

First off, thanks for your and other responses;

yeah, I've noticed a problem with the floppy access too. What happens
here is that after the box "select medium you will be installing
from..." (and after I hit a "/dev/fd0") the floppy light comes on -with
the rescue disk in- and then when it comes off (no light)another box
pops up saying "please insert the rescue disk in /dev/fd0", and when I
press OK, the floppy is NOT accessed and the error message comes up as
in my original message. I've tried hitting double ENTER really quick to
catch the light-on situation with no success, as well as trying to take
the Rescue floppy out of the box and inserting it back in when it asks
for it without any difference in the end result.
Hope this helps in nailing down the problem..

Thanks for all your help..
Damir