Re: rxvt colours

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, John Maheu wrote:

> > JM> After upgrading to 1.3, rxvt can find certain colours:
> > JM> rxvt: can't load color "snow"
> > JM> rxvt: can't load color "blue"
> >
> > JM> I also have this problem using gnuplot.
> >
> > JM> I've tried some of the tricks posted the last few weeks. I have a
> > JM> ~/.Xdefaults and ~/.Xresource pointing to ~/.Xdefaults.
> >
> > JM> Inside X, rxvt -bg blue -fg snow works fine!
> >
> > JM> Any ideas
> >
> > Don't you have a netscrape around, do you?
> >
> Yes I have netscape???

I think he meant "netscape running". In other words, netscape is sucking
up the colormap. However, if this is the case, I would assume that
rxvt -bg blue -fg snow would fail also so I don't think that is the
answer.

--
	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
		School of Policy Studies, Queen's University