Re: default fonts and the x server

Guys, I've seen the answer to this recently. Don't know how current the
archive is--so you may not be able to search it for the exact answer.

AccelX can't do compressed fonts (.gz I think).  XFree has apparently
decided to start compressing them.  There is a workaround and it
involves something like doing 'MAKEFONTDIR' in each of the target
directories.

Try looking in the archives for the last two weeks of June, maybe even as
recent as the first week in July--or just stand by--the poster(s) will
repost.  There is someone from XiGraphics on this list in fact.  I assume
Xi will be releasing a patch for this soon--seems to me the ball is in
their court.  (I'll be having the same problem soon BTW--damn, wish I'd
have saved those mails)

Another hint:  this whole discussion I'm recalling may have occured on
the caldera-users list.  Check their browseable list archive at
http://www.caldera.com.  I know it's up to date--again check for the
last three weeks.  Follow the byzantine 'technical support' links till you
find their search tool (search by thread).

                                .kfh