Re: PnP ( ie: Modem )

Keith Knipschild wrote:

> Iam Very new to the UNIX/LINUX OS..
>
> I installed and setup Debian Linux, But I would like
> to setup my PnP Modem..
>
> Is there any software to help me ?

Have you tried to set it up at all yet?  Some PnP modems will work if
you simply use the ioport and irq settings used by your Pnp OS.  Some
modems (a.k.a. winmodems) will never work with Linux; others may be able
to be configured with the "isapnptools" package.  Use dselect to
download and configure isapnptools if you decide to try it.

> Also I heard good things about Midnight Commander, Where
> can I get a Linux version ?

Again, use dselect to get the package "mc".

--Bob