Re: mc problem

dima@eris.dev.null (Dima) writes:

>  >In your /etc/mc/mc.ext you should have these:
>  >
>  ># deb
>  >regex/\.deb$
>  >        Open=%cd deb:%d/%p/
>  >        View=%view{ascii} dpkg-deb -c %f
> 					^^^
> Thanks. Using '%f' is recommended, tho'.
>
> It enables you to view contents on <F3>, but it's not what Lindsay asked
> about.  That is done  by /usr/local/lib/mc/extfs/deb -- it's a Perl script
> and I can't see anything wrong with it (I don't know much about Perl tho'.)
> I guess either *.deb format has changed since it was written or the problem
> is with Perl.
> FWIW I've perl-5.004-2 here, and *.deb browser doesn't work for me.

I still use perl-5.003.07-10 and browsing a *.deb works just okay
here.  Lindsay, which perl do you have installed?  Could you please
try downgrading it if it is perl-5.004-2 just for finding out if it
works this way?  Anyway, the lib/mc/extfs/deb perl script probably
needs an overhaul anyway if it doesn't work with perl-5.004-2.  I hope
the current maintainer Fernando Alegre finds the time to do it!? (I
don't speak perl.)
                                  Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de