mh in a POP environment

I was wondering what the best way of using mh with a POP server might be?
I've been a mh user (mh-e) for years at work (SunOS and Solaris) and would
like to try it with my Linux machine at home (I have been using Netscape mail).

Does mh POP work OK?  Should I use one of the other POP packages available to
transport the mail locally and then use mh from there?

BTW, I'm running Debian 1.3.

Thanks...