Re: laptop install problem - pcmcia-eth card can't access internet

In message <[🔎] Pine.GSO.3.95.970703192745.5080B-100000@kurango.cs.flinders.edu.au>
 you write:

>The problem could be that I can't install pcmcia-modules properly (as
>outlined in my previous email) but I'm not sure if this is the problem or
>the only problem.

Just wanted to say that you are not alone. :-)

I installed 2.0.30 kernel-image and pcmcia-modules, plus pcmcia-cs
thru diskettes.

It almost works, the cardmanager finds my ethernet card (IBM creditcard II)
and tries to load the 8390-driver.
But the driver complains about unresolvable symbols, some of these:
netif_rx_R9117ffb8
dev_alloc_skb_R24ee337ab
ether_setup_...
eth_type_trans_...
dev_kfree_skb_...

and so on.

(My PCMCIA modem-card is working though.)

I've probably missed upgrading some important module.
But which one? :-)

--
/Jörgen Hägg
postmaster@axis.com