Re: Xdm

On Jul 2, David Kohel wrote
> Running xdm, I find that it doesn't verify passwords.  I have
> to telnet to the machine and kill the xdm process.  I suspect
> that the problem may have to do with the configuration of
> shadow passwords.

Hi,

let's see:

it should be sufficient to change to a VC, log in as root and type
shadowconfig off
shadowconfig on

> Is there a color_xterm package for Debian?

The xterm is already color capable. To enable it globally put

#ifdef COLOR
*customization: -color
#endif

in /etc/X11/Xresources

> Any suggestions for installing netscape? -- I gave a half-hearted
> attempt under dselect but found conflicts, resolved by removing
> netscape.

I used the netscape installer package 3.01-4 for netscape 3.01 and it
does behave very well (less problems than manual installation ;-)

Greetings,

				Christian

--
Christian Meder, email: christian.meder@utoronto.ca