Re: determining serial link speed?

wb2oyc@cyberenet.net writes:

>On 07:06:32 Lawrence wrote:
>>>Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is there any easy way to find out, what speed my modem connected to
>>> the ISP? (using ppp & chat on Debian Linux m68k Amiga).
>>>
>>> I want to be sure that it connected at 28800 baud and not at 14400.
>>>

>If its a Hayes modem, there is a command that will tell the modem to
>report the DCE (modem-to-modem) speed rather than the DTE port to
>modem speed.  That value is returned on the local DTE, but how to get
>chat to echo that so you can see it is another matter.
>
>Paul
>
>PS: Oh, forgot, that Hayes command is: ATW1

Don't know if this is Hayes or USR commands but my USR command set has
&Un which sets the floor connect speed where n is between 0 and 14.
With 0 being disabled and 14 being 28.8kbps.  There is also a &Nn
which sets the restricts the connect speed or when used in conjuction
with &Un works as the ceiling connect speed, thus creating a connect
speed window.

You might also want to look at the REPORT option of chat.

Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis