Re: determining serial link speed?

On 07:06:32 Lawrence wrote:
>>Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any easy way to find out, what speed my modem connected to
>> the ISP? (using ppp & chat on Debian Linux m68k Amiga).
>>
>> I want to be sure that it connected at 28800 baud and not at 14400.

If its a Hayes modem, there is a command that will tell the modem to
report the DCE (modem-to-modem) speed rather than the DTE port to
modem speed.  That value is returned on the local DTE, but how to get
chat to echo that so you can see it is another matter.

Paul

PS: Oh, forgot, that Hayes command is: ATW1