Re: How to change default font

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997 18:45:48 -0500 , Gary L. Dolan wrote:
> I just dl'ed 1.3, and the default font on bootup needs to be changed. I barely
> recall that when I installed 1.2, there was a config question about the fonts,
> but I have no idea how or where to make the change in 1.3.

The setfont program is what you want if you only want to change the font.
It is in the kbd package. BTW, have you run Slackware before? I do
remember Slackware asking me to choose a font, but I can't remember a
question about fonts in Debian.

But if you want a nice way to also change the resolution and/or the
refresh rate of your text screen, take a look at the svgatextmode package.
SVGATextMode can change it to whatever your videocard and monitor support
using X-like modelines. My text screen is 116x51 at 65.8 Hz right now.
This looks very cool.

Talking about this, I have a question about the kbd package. When I ran
Slackware, I could choose from a lot of nice and/or weird fonts. I miss
those in Debian. I really liked the 'T' font. Currently I am using it, but
only because I took it out of Slackware's keytbls.tgz.

Remco