fetchmail problem ...

OK, actually fetchmail sucks. Is there any chance of getting
the original popclient program back?  I realize fetchmail is
more suave and sophisticated, but it doesn't deliver my
mail!  I had a very simple command line working with
popclient that gags under the fetchmail link because
fetchmail wont deliver to STDOUT and let me do what I want
with it!!

I've tried the two following fetchmailrc files:

poll mailhost.domain.net with proto pop3:
	user methere there has password mypwd is mehere here
	and wants mda "/usr/bin/deliver -d %s"

poll mailhost.domain.net with proto pop3:
	user methere there has password mypwd is mehere here
	and wants mda /usr/bin/deliver

fetchmail gets called out of ipup as root:

fetchmail -v -k 2>&1 >/tmp/pop.out

which does seem to read the mailbox correctly, exits with a
zero return code, but never delivers mail!!  Furthermore, I
can't seem to get any output from deliver.  I'm not sure
which of the two above syntaxes is correct.  They were not
run in the same fetchmailrc file.  Both seem to be correct
from the man page for fetchmail (3.8-0), although I don't
see how that could be.  Part of the man page describes
specifying a direct MDA and requiring a "%s" in the MDA
definition to substitute the local username.  The example on
how to to this calls /bin/mail directly without the "%s".

Any help would be appreciated.  Pine as a pop client is not
my first choice (but works non the less).

I hope I'm on the debian-user-digest list now, but just in
case I'm not, please cc me in any replies.

By the way, does anyone know if there are digests for devel
and private?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Richard

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer