Re: USR Modem Hangs Intermittantly

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Britton wrote:

> I have heard that this is a problem with USR
> Sportsters and that there is an init string type fix.

   This isn't a fix.  USR still has the problem, the symptoms of which are
exactly as you describe.  The init string "fix" is more of a kludgy
work-around that helps the problem in some/many cases.

                          | Debian GNU/ __      o
 Regards,                 |            / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...