Update on can't Install any deb's

Hello fellow Debian users

I found the problem as to why I get 'empty filename'
and the database that is read.
its the /var/lib/dpkg/info <---- where thats the info on all deb's I think
So what I have since done is move the offending files out of there.:-)
but of course that got me only thourgh `mgetty-fax', and then another `empty fil
ename' came :-(
So I removed that one and another of the same error came up...
I conclude that my info dir/database is curupt :-(
This have occured when I was doing a minor upgrade and my computer locked up
causing me to reset the computer....
I would like for someone to gzip there info dir and send my please
I would prefer someone with a simular install options as mine
I use ftp.debian.org
[ stable unstable contrib non-free]
curently running 1.3
kernel 2.0.30
Basically I think that I need only the *.list files from the info directroy
which what I would try replacing first.
I'm also very open to suggestions on other ways of fixing this problem...
Please reply asap
as my system is somewhere in between here and the twlight zone.

TIA
Peter

DEBIAN the best LINUX distribution
GNU there simply isn't any other way to go